That’s a statement I never imagined I would make. But God in His wisdom used a variety of experiences and people to bring me to the mission of Elder Orphan Care: a Romanian pastor, a former intern, a job at an assisted living home, and my passionate prayers to make a difference in the world.
Elder Orphan Care shares God's love with the elder orphans of Romania and partners with Viorel Pasca and his wife Florica, to serve over 200 elderly and frail in Dumbrava, Rapa, and Tinca, Romania.
As executive director of EOC, I have the privilege of raising awareness, resources, and funds that help provide them with shelter, nutrition, medical care, and the opportunity to know God’s love.
A few of our “Wow Dee Wow!” experiences include:
- Our $10,000 in 2 Week Challenge funded an building addition we call the “Glory to God” Wing. It’s home for twelve elderly who will no longer have to live on the streets.
- We purchase I-See Kits that enable us to fit the elderly with eyeglasses. Read a brief but powerful story about how God used the I-See Kit at "The Blind Can See"
- Friends of Elder Orphan Care generously donated over $20,000 to build a Volunteer House onsite in Dumbrava, Romania, where volunteers can stay while helping serve the many needs of the elderly and frail.
- Team member Lisa Albinus, who believes "Beauty pierces the darkness," helps our precious elderly friends do water coloring paintings on her annual trip to Romania.
- “Religion that God the Father accepts as pure and without fault is this: caring for orphans and widows who need help, and keeping yourself free from the world’s evil influence.” (James 1:27)
- Visit our blog at Elder Orphan Care or Elder Orphan Care on facebook to see photographs and learn more about this unique mission. There are many ways to be involved. Email me at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Elder Orphan Care is one of my favorite "Wow Dee Wows"!