|Kim at age 10 printing her "Neighborhood News"|
I’m an advocate for homeless elderly, a writer, speaker, lover of words and especially God’s Word.
FUN JAX FACTS:
- Born in Vincennes, Indiana, as was Red Skelton. The city has named a bridge after him, but nothing after me so far.
- I’m a ’57 model. It was a good year for Chevys and Jacksons.
- Raised in the “holy lands” of Palestine (Illinois)
- Youngest of the original Jackson Five: Charles, Doris, Judy, Doug and Kim.
- Grew up hearing the phrase “Get the dictionary and look it up,” which I believe birthed my love of words.
- Lived in Illinois, Virginia, Ohio, Florida, and North Carolina. I’m not running from the law, it just looks like it.
- Worked as a waitress, corn detassler, youth minister, editor, movie theatre cleaner, estate sale helper, writer–in-residence, fitness club manager and concierge at an assisted living.
- I’m a person who is not married. (Single is a Wendy’s hamburger.)
- Not only am I an Aunt, I’m a great one. I have two nephews, a niece, two great-nephews, a great-niece, two great-grand nephews and a great-grand niece!
- Sold my house nearly a couple of decades ago and lived with a variety of hospitable friends for almost 20 years while "traveling light." Currently enjoying living in my own little apartment in historic downtown Concord, North Carolina.
- Confident I have the world’s best friends.
- Survived a wreck involving my car, a deer and a semitrailer. Grateful doesn’t begin to describe it.