Massage, Minister, Missions Fair

You’ll never guess how God showed up when my massage appointment was rescheduled. 


I was supposed to go Wednesday, but Debbie called to reschedule for Friday. I wasn’t thrilled about the change, but it was the only time she could get me in. 

We always swap stories while I’m there. She’s heard how God creatively released me from my job and had a door already open for me to become an advocate for homeless elderly in Romania. And as she works out the knots in my neck and back, we praise God for allowing me to live through a disastrous car accident. 

I often give Debbie updates on God’s goodness in my life, but I hadn’t shared my stories with the owner, Cindy. Evidently Debbie had, because that evening Cindy greeted me with a smile and said, “You have an amazing testimony.” Then she looked at a gentleman standing nearby and said, “You need to meet this lady. She has great God stories.” 


“I love God stories!” he said. That was all it took for me to tell a few. I concluded with one about my ministry with the elderly in Romania. 

He looked at me thoughtfully. “I’m a minister. Would you consider speaking at my church sometime?” 

“Would I ever!” I handed him my card. 

“I know this is late notice,” he said, “but could you come Sunday?” 

“As in day after tomorrow?” 

“Yes, we’re having our first ever missions fair, and it would be great if you could join us.” I mentally checked my calendar. It was my last available weekend for a month. 

“Absolutely! I would be delighted.” 

I looked at Debbie. “That just gave me goose bumps,” she said.

“You need to take some credit for partnering with God in setting this up,” I reminded her. “You’re the one who rescheduled me for today.” 

“I can top that,” Pastor Dave said. “This isn’t my regular appointment. Someone cancelled, so I’m filling in.” 


I love how God works. Neither one of us was “supposed” to be there. I went for a massage, met a minister, and got to speak at a missions fair. 

When Pastor Dave introduced me to his congregation, he said, “I want you to meet my friend Kim Jackson. We’ve known each other for…oh, 48 hours.” 

I had to laugh. What kind of a pastor invites someone he’s just met to speak at his church? 

A Spirit-led one? Absolutely. 

But wait. Who else was involved? There couldn’t have been an invitation from Pastor Dave unless Cindy had introduced us. Cindy hadn’t heard my stories until Debbie shared them with her. And if I hadn’t bragged on God to begin with, this story wouldn't have been written. 

So perhaps the best ending for this story…is another beginning: What words could you speak today that might start your own God-Story-Ripple-Effect? 

“Publish God’s glorious deeds among the nations. Tell everyone about the amazing things he does” (Psalm 96:3 NLT).


****************

A Postscript from Kim:  As with most stories like this, God keeps "showing up." Yesterday I received a generous financial gift from Pastor Dave's church. Because I must raise my own funding, their gift helps me continue serving as an advocate for homeless elderly through Elder Orphan Care. Yay God!

10 comments:

  1. Kim---I love this story! Reminds me of my friend, Christine, who when she sees you never says "how are you?" but "How has God been working in your life?" When we keep our eyes open for Him and His work in our lives, we can't help but be amazed, excited and grateful. So thankful for your blog, your ministry and you!

    Amy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Amy, thank you for reading my Brag On God Blog and taking time to write this encouragement. Thanks for sharing your friend's greeting--love it!

      Delete
  2. Such a great story. Loved hearing it again and giving God glory again. Thanks for sharing your stories in the blogosphere, Kim.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your ongoing encouragement, Gail. And please receive my thanks and God's "Well Done" for making WowDeeWow a reality--could not have begun to do it without you! GRATEFUL to the max for your friendship!

      Delete
  3. Wow, Kim, what an amazing story! I love it when God shows out like that. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't He amazing?? I just love bragging on Him :)

      Delete
  4. What an amazing God we serve! He does things His way, doesn't He!
    Hugs to you and all the elderly you are serving. May Pappa God bless you all!
    Mia

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I love how He works situations, circumstances and people together to write a Story! Thanks for the hugs, and I will deliver them to my precious elderly friends in Romania in April :)

      Delete
  5. I love the Ripple effect the way water ripples when a rock hits the pond. Our life should be the same way. This was a neat story, Kim. Thanks for sharing it over at WholeHearted Home last Wednesday.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes, I love the ripple effect, too, and it's mind-boggling to think that we probably only know a few of the ripples---but so many others will be revealed when we are with Him!!

    ReplyDelete

Each week I write a BOG (Brag On God) post. My prayer is that my words will invite you to brag on God, too. And together we'll make God smile.